Members of this division have considerable experience and expertise in all aspects of litigation including civil, commercial litigation and criminal matters. The division has expertise in handling complex litigation and is attentive and responsive to the needs of clients in delivering practical, cost-effective solutions.
The Head of this division is Andrew Flower who is our Special Counsel.
Specifically, our litigation division assists with the following matters:
1. Property disputes and lease disputes
2. Corporations litigation
3. Employment and industrial relations
4. Competition and consumer law litigation
5. Partnership disputes
6. General disputes arising out of breach of contract
7. Negligence and other torts
8. Building litigation including domestic building disputes in VCAT.
9. Confiscation and proceeds of crime litigation in relation to State and Federal legislation.
Legal assistance with civil proceedings brought under Victorian and Commonwealth legislation providing for the restraint or forfeiture of property connected with criminal activity, principally the Confiscation Act 1997 (Vic) and the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 (Cth).
10. Insurance litigation arising out of the conduct of insurers including refusal of insurance and denial of indemnity.
11. Trusts litigation
12. Investigative bodies – Review and challenge of administrative investigative bodies such as ASIC, ACCC, Fair Work Ombudsman and others.
13. Banking and finance litigation
14. Planning and local government disputes
15. General administrative law
16. Bankruptcy disputes and litigation
The firm refers personal injuries litigation to other specialist law firms.
We provide assistance in all facets of criminal law including:
In consultation with you we engage leading barristers, including King’s Counsels and Senior Counsels, in these areas.